As a singing teacher and vocal coach I offer education and guidance on healthy vocal production and on how to achieve your technical and/or artistic singing goals.
I welcome singers of all musical backgrounds and levels, from beginners to professional singers, actors, and speakers. I am also available as a coach for bands, studio recordings, vocal groups, etc. The following topics are covered as needed or upon request:
What you can learn
- support/breath control
- more volume/power, singing softer
- reaching high and low notes
- vocal production anatomy
- the four vocal modes of singing
- blending with other voices
- sound color — how to adjust your personal sound
- vocal effects (distortion, creaks, creaking, growl, grunt, vocal breaks, vibrato, ornamentation…)
- prevent/ solve vocal problems / emergency aid
- performance preparation
- microphone technique
Private Sessions (in person/online)
Individual attention — great for addressing individual issues, vocal troubles, brushing up on technique, preparing for a performance, or for those looking for a safe and confidential environment.
Lesson fees as of Dec 2019:
- single lesson: 25 min — $40 / 50 min — $75
- Monthly learning package: 4 x 50 min — $260
- Flex learning package: 8 x 50 min segments for $560.
Lessons must be completed within a 3 month period.
Covid-19 has affected millions of people. Until the end July 2020, I offer reduced rates to anyone who needs additional financial support. Please email me to request adjusted rates.
Explore the voice together and learn from each other. 2, 3 or 4 singers learning together is fun. If you know other singers, get together and sign up as a team. It makes lessons more affordable for everyone and you have a ready-made support group. Or, sign up for private lessons and let me know that you would be interested in a group experience. When possible, I will gladly group students students together.
- Content is flexible depending on the group’s interests and needs.
- Learn about the 3 overall principles, the 4 modes, sound color and effects.
- Lesson rate depends on length of time booked, frequency, and size of group.
Workshops are a great way to learn about Complete Vocal Technique (CVT) and how it applies to singing or speaking. Interested? Please contact me here!
Getting ready to record? Polish your vocals ahead of time and make sure you sound the way you want to sound and capture your best performance!
You feel good about your singing, yet something is missing. Let’s look for it together!