As a singing teacher and vocal coach I offer education and guidance on healthy vocal production and on how to achieve your technical and/or artistic singing goals.
I welcome singers of all musical backgrounds and levels, from beginners to professional singers, actors, speakers. I am also available as a coach for bands, studio recordings, vocal groups, etc. The following topics are covered as needed or upon request:
What you can learn
- support/breath control
- more volume/power, singing softer
- reaching high and low notes
- vocal production anatomy
- the four vocal modes of singing
- blending with other voices
- sound color – how to adjust your personal sound
- vocal effects (distortion, creaks, creaking, growl, grunt, vocal breaks, vibrato, ornamentation…)
- prevent/ solve vocal problems / emergency aid
- performance preparation
- microphone technique
Individual attention — great for addressing individual issues, vocal troubles, brushing up on technique, preparing for a performance, or for those looking for a safe and confidential environment.
- Currently accepting students.
- Lesson fees as of Jan 2014:
- 1 hour segment — $65.
- 1/2 hour segment— $35.
- Pre-paid monthly rate: 1 hr $55 / 1/2 hr 30
- Block-rate pre-paid: 6x 1hr segments for $360.
Lessons must be completed within a 3 month period.
Explore the voice together and learn from each other. 2, 3 or 4 singers learning together is a fun. If you know other singers, group together and sign up as a team. It makes lessons more affordable for everyone and you have a support group. Don’t know other singers. Sign up for private lessons but let me know you are interested in being in a group. When possible, I will gladly group students students together.
- Content is flexible depending on the group’s interests and needs.
- Learn about the 3 overall principles, the 4 modes, sound color and effects.
- Lesson rate depends on length of time booked, frequency, and size of group.
A very viable way of working together long distance.
Getting ready to record? Polish your vocals ahead of time and make sure you sound the way you want to sound!
You feel good about your singing, but something is missing. Let’s look for it together!
- Assist singers and others in reaching their individual technical and artistic goals based on the singer’s musical wish.
- Provide a supportive teaching environment based on trust.
- Offer an atmosphere based on mutual respect — each singer is unique with unique thoughts, experience, knowledge and needs.
- Be accepting of singers regardless of musical tastes, styles and singing level
- Perform my best towards singers and each other.
- Strive towards strengthening my value as a teacher and singer.
- Stay current on techniques and methodologies.
- Continue to learn. Learn from what works and what doesn’t work.
- Be open to criticism. All criticism is welcomed as a path to development.
- Strive towards having a clear, open, honest, positive and respectful communication.
- Conduct services with integrity and confidentiality.
Click here to schedule a lesson.